Friday, May 20, 2011

Chattanooga Mini Vacay!

I know that I've been MIA for a while now but life has been crazy hectic and I've been in an extreme funk!

My funk is slowly starting to die and I think it's because I know summer is a week and a half away. It does help that we just got back from a mini vacay in Chattanooga. The Hubs' cousin was getting married so we jumped at the chance to take a few extra days to do fun things with the fam. The best part was that the Hubs actually got to take a few days off and go with us!! That's a rarity these days!

So we left Friday night and got in at like 1:30 in the morning. Saturday we woke up, ate breakfast at the hotel, took the kids to the indoor pool for a bit then headed to Rachel's wedding. It was a great wedding even though the weather wasn't great. It took place at the General Lee Woods Inn and it was a gogeous backdrop. Congrats to Rachel and Nathan!

Sunday, we ate breakfast at the hotel then headed to Creative Discovery with the kiddos. It was a great children's museum! Nugget could have stayed at the water table forever! Noodle even had fun!
After the children's museum, we headed to the Hubs' Uncle's house! Now I have to say that I am not a mountain person AT ALL and their house was literally perched on the side of one! The road to get there was winding back and forth with a great big drop off down the passengers side of course. Needless to say, the visit with them was nice but this girl won't be going back there anytime soon.

Monday morning we got up, packed up and started our trip home. We stopped on the way in Ringold, GA which just recently was devasted by tornadoes. We were able to see lots of damage when we stopped off to eat at Cracker Barrel. It was so sad! Tornadoes scare me to pieces and to see the aftermath and how random it was firsthand, made it even more scary! I pray for all the people affected by those devasting storms and hope their lives get back to normal soon and that they don't have to experience anything like that again!

On the way home, we stopped off at the Georgia Aquarium to break up our trip a little. I have to say that the place is AMA-ZA-ZING! It definitely puts the SC Aquarium in Charleston to shame. We got to see penguins, whale sharks, sea turtles and my favorite Beluga whales!  The kids had a blast and enjoyed every minute of it but I think we may have enjoyed it more than they did!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

about this site

Welcome to Together 24 where I share stories of life, love, struggle, my babies and whatever else may come to mind. My blog is called Together 24 because my family of four all together have birthdays on the 24th of a month. Hope you enjoy reading! Thanks for stopping by!