Thursday, December 9, 2010

Day Four of 30 Day B.C

Day Four: Favorite Book

Well, I am very sad to say that I cannot remember the last book I read therefore I don't have a favorite book. When I was little I really love Sarah, Plain and Tall and all the Shel Silverstein books like Where the Sidewalk Ends and The Runny Babbit. I did try listening to Time Traveler's Wife and I thoroughly enjoyed the parts I got to listen to.

Here's one of Shel Silverstein's poem. Not only did I love them but now my kids love them too!
One Inch Tall

If you were only one inch tall, you'd ride a worm to school.
The teardrop of a crying ant would be your swimming pool.
A crumb of cake would be a feast
And last you seven days at least,
A flea would be a frightening beast
If you were one inch tall.

If you were only one inch tall, you'd walk beneath the door,
And it would take about a month to get down to the store.
A bit of fluff would be your bed,
You'd swing upon a spider's thread,
And wear a thimble on your head
If you were one inch tall.

You'd surf across the kitchen sink upon a stick of gum.
You couldn't hug your mama, you'd just have to hug her thumb.
You'd run from people's feet in fright,
To move a pen would take all night,
(This poem took fourteen years to write--
'Cause I'm just one inch tall).


until tomorrow...



0 comments:

Post a Comment

about this site

Welcome to Together 24 where I share stories of life, love, struggle, my babies and whatever else may come to mind. My blog is called Together 24 because my family of four all together have birthdays on the 24th of a month. Hope you enjoy reading! Thanks for stopping by!